Before reading this post make sure that you have read this one (Just engaged?).
You have been for a while getting inspiration from the biggest blogs and websites, you know your priorities and you have created a budget. Well, what’s next?
We recommend to use an estimated timeline of 12 months for the planning. This will help you through the whole amazing process. Take good note on your wedding notebook!
1 year to 9 months before the wedding:
• Make a preliminary guest list and adjust it to your budget.
• Organize the engagement party.
• Hire a Wedding Planner. Meet her and her team in person and let her help you to smooth the wedding planner process.
• Choose the location and the date. Visit personally the venues you selected, choose your favorite and reserve it. Do it according to your budget and the guests you have on your list. This is pretty important. Depending on the season of the year and the reputation of the venue, they can take reservation up to one year in advance! Make sure you get the day you want by reserving early. Leave the menu open so you can try it later on.
• Reserve the date you wish to get married if you are getting married in a church. In Sweden, if you desire to get married in the same venue, a vigselförrättare can go there and officiate the ceremony. Your Wedding planner will give you more information about this.
9 to 6 months before the wedding:
• Meet the vendors. Photographer, cake, flowers, music, stationery, hair and makeup artists and all the other services you wish to include. Keep their contacts in a file. Note that vendors will demand a certain amount in advance to be able to book their services so you might want to write checks or prepare cash.
• Actualize your budget accordingly the services you want to hire.
• Buy the rings.
• Start looking and purchase the wedding gown, shoes and jewelry.
• Start looking and purchase the groom’s tuxedo.
• Start looking and purchase for bridesmaids dresses.
• Finish the guest list.
• Send the Save the Date.
• Start designing the invitations. Especially if you are counting with a calligrapher!
• Start planning your honeymoon.
6 to 3 months before the wedding:
• If your guests have to travel abroad send the invitations with 5 months so they have time enough to book tickets and hotel. If the wedding is in your country, you can send the invitations 3 months before the date.
• Book hotel rooms for out of town guests if necessary.
• Meet the Baker and purchase the cake.
• Meet the DJ, band or musicians and select the music.
• Meet the photographer and make sure you provide “must” pictures. We recommend to do a pre-wedding photoshoot in order to get used to the camera and feel comfortable with the photographer. These pictures are extraordinary beautiful in your wedding website!
• Meet the florist and book your wedding day, also, select the flowers for the centrepieces, bridesmaids’ bouquets, boutonnieres and your bouquet.
• Draw a preliminary schedule of your wedding day.
• If you are planning a rehearsal dinner, visit the place, check the menu and book it.
• Start looking and purchase your rehearsal dress.
3 to 2 months before the wedding:
Image source: WeddingChicks
• Taste and choose the final wedding menu and design and print the stationery.
• Meet several make-up and hair artists and try their services before the wedding. Take pictures of yourself to compare and book the one you liked the most.
• Make all the honeymoon payments or get the Visa (if necessary).
• Organize a bachelorette party (if your maid of honor is not already doing it!).
• Finish the wedding day schedule and send it to all vendors.
• Buy favors, sitting cards, candles and other decoration if it’s necessary.
1 month before the wedding:
Image source: Gridskipper Sturebadet- Stockholm
• Confirm your guests and send the number to the venue.
• Practice the ceremony, the first dance and the wedding vows.
• Try your bride outfit with all the jewelry.
• Get a nice tan.
• Book a Spa and beauty treatments for you and relax.
The day is finally here…. Enjoy!
Scarlett Weddings team wish you the best on your wedding day!
Featured image source: Swoozies